What is the Vineyard? That really is an important question. Why do we even exist? When asking these questions, we are really addressing the issue of core values. What are the core values that define us?
- #1 The Theology and Practice of the Kingdom of God
- #2 Experiencing God
- #3 Culturally Relevant Mission
- #4 Reconciling Community
- #5 Compassionate Ministry
Vision Soundbites (How we aim to live out our Core Values)
- We want to be a growing church that is obedient to the leading of God’s Holy Spirit.
- We want to be a place where people, regardless of what they believe, can come and spend time Exploring Jesus and what it means to follow Him.
- We want to be a community where people can Embrace the love of Jesus, where authentic relationship with Him and fellowship/friendship with one another is the norm.
- We want to make and equip disciples who will Endeavor to love God and love people. To follow Jesus, living out His words and works, through good times and bad and empowering others to do the same.
- We want to create a community where people can also be. Be real, be themselves, be natural yet be supernatural in the way they serve others.
- We want to be a church that loves the city, shares life with the city, and works with the city.
Can be summed up by this statement:
Our mission is to develop a community of disciples who experience God, love one another, and partner with Jesus to heal the world.
To know more about The Vineyard Movement as a whole, visit the following link www.vineyardusa.org